"The course I took at the Journalist Works was brilliant. It provided me with invaluable knowledge and experience in everything to do with journalism and sub-editing, which doesn't seem possible for such a short course."
Eleanor Stanley, Incisive Media
Teaches: Design and Production
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat
Before teaching here...
- 1982 - Studio Manager - Instant Print Studio
- Working Night Overseer - Contract Pre Print - Managing weekly & monthly publications
- Publications Manager & Studio Manager - The Graphic Group
- Freelance Designer - British Airways Brochures & William Reed Publishing
- Creative Director - Breakthrough Media and Marketing - production of house-builder magazines
- Adobe InDesign tutor since 2003.
- Lecturer - Production, Sub-Editing and Design for magazines
- Tutor - QuarkXPress, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- 2008/09 - Lecturer for MA Magazine Journalism and Design and Production for Periodical Publishing - Kingston University
Shirley, what is your style of teaching/lecturing?
"Very informal. I like to work in teams of two or three - as in a working environment."
Do you have any work we can link to?
"I'm part-owner of ENM Solutions Limited. We publish two monthly equestrian magazines - NagMag and Drivetime."
What is your claim to fame?
I worked with Dave Sullivan and his team of five when he started up Sunday Sport.